I am so thankful that the Lord not only commands us to pray (1 Thessalonians 5:17; 1 Timothy 2:1-7), but He has also taught us how to pray. The Model Prayer given by Jesus gives us a great outline and guide for prayer. Here are some ways to pray based on Matthew 6:9-13.
After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Would you take time to pray:
1. That God would be honored as holy and glorified…
- In His works
- In His people
- In the current situations in our world, especially in the COVID 19 situation
2. That God would accomplish His purposes…
- In all things
- In salvation
- In building up believers
- Through governing officials
- In stopping COVID 19
- In protecting medical workers and other essential workers
3. With longing and excitement for Jesus’ coming – Revelation 21:1-8
4. That God would provide for His people for His glory
5. For repentance and ongoing repentance
- Salvation for the lost – repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 24:46-47)
- Ongoing repentance for believers
- That believers would be quick to forgive as we have been forgiven (Ephesians
6. For spiritual protection (1 Peter 5:8)
7. That God would be praised! – His is the kingdom, and the power and the glory forever! Amen!
Scripture quotations for this blog post are from the King James Version of the Bible in the public domain.