Our church family is studying the Letter to the Ephesians in our Sunday Morning services. We just finished Paul’s great prayer in Ephesians 3:14-21. Here is the outline for the word of praise in Ephesians 3:20-21.
Doxology – A Word of Praise
- The Person Praised – God the Father (cf. 3:14-15)
- The Ability of the Father (v. 20) – “…able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think…”
- The Willingness of the Father (within context of chapters 1-3 and the work to save us, He is more than willing to answer our prayers!)
- The Means of Accomplishing This Work (v. 20) – The Power at work in us (cf. 1:19)
- The End Result (v. 21) – Glory to the Father in the church, in Christ Jesus, Forever!
Bill Whittington, a slave of Christ Jesus
Notice: “Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. May not copy or download more than 500 consecutive verses of the ESV Bible or more than one half of any book of the ESV Bible.” https://www.crossway.org/permissions/