Here is an outline of 1 Peter 4:7-11. Our church family is learning about serving the Lord and His church, using the spiritual gifts that He has given to each one of us. I pray this is an encouragement and help for you!
1 Peter 4:7-11: Living in Light of the End
Peter said that the end of all things is at hand. The end is so imminent, we can almost reach out and touch it. Jesus can come for His church at any moment.
In the midst of suffering, with the end being near, in light of the Good News that Jesus has loved us and suffered for us…
I. We must be people characterized by proper prayer (v.7) We must be self-controlled and sober minded for the sake of our prayers.
II. We must be people characterized by unceasing love (v. 8)
A. We must be people characterized by willful hospitality (v. 9)
B. We must be people characterized by God-glorifying, selfless service (vv. 10-11)
1. Each one has received a grace gift from God (Greek word = charisma)
2. Each one is to use this grace gift to serve God’s people for God’s glory
3. Each one is to use this grace gift as a good steward of God’s varied grace
4. There are two broad categories of grace gifts… Speaking and serving
a. Those with gifts to speak, must speak the Word of God
b. Those with gifts to serve, must serve with the strength that God supplies
5. All of this is so that God will be glorified through Jesus Christ
In Jesus’ Service,
Notice: “Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. May not copy or download more than 500 consecutive verses of the ESV Bible or more than one half of any book of the ESV Bible.” https://www.crossway.org/permissions/