I failed to post this on Saturday as originally planned. There are times that my personal goals have to be set aside for other things. However, I hope the two posts from last week were helpful to you.
After the posts from last week regarding Bible reading, I thought it would be helpful to provide a brief example from my personal Bible reading interaction. In order to keep this post from being too long, I limited this exercise to my New Testament reading.
The following was from Romans 10:
- Character of God: God deserves all worship and trust. He uses unconventional means to draw and save individuals, including jealousy! (Romans 10:19-20). He truly is all wise! (Then I paused and turned these thoughts into prayers of praise and adoration).
- Confession of Sin: I am lacking in my longing for the lost to be saved (Romans 10:1). (I acknowledged this sin to God, asked for a changed heart to long for the lost to be saved, and rested in the forgiveness purchased for me by Jesus – 1 John 1:9; 2:1-2).
- Gospel Identity: I am not under law; I am under grace through faith in Jesus (Romans 10:4). I have called upon the name of the Lord, so I am saved (Romans 10:13). (I thanked the Lord for this Gospel identity that I have in Him. Then I prayed that I would rest in my identity in Christ).
- Responsibility: I am called by God to preach the Good News, as all believers are (Romans 10:12-15; 1 Peter 2:9-10). (I asked the Lord to provide opportunity and boldness to share the Good News in that day – Ephesians 6:19-20).
- Edification: Though we did not seek Him, God caused us to find Him! (Romans 10:20; Isaiah 65:1).
- Evangelism: Call on the name of the Lord Jesus, and you WILL be saved (Romans 10:13).