This is the concluding post and link page for the series The Names of God. You can follow the links below to read the full articles for each name. The introduction can be found here.
The many names of the one biblical God reveal aspects of His character.
- Elohim is the sovereign, powerful God.
- El Olam is the everlasting God.
- El Roi is the God who sees everything.
- El Shaddai is the God of strength who can keep His promises.
- Yahweh is the personal, self-existent God, who is the source of all life.
- Yahweh Tsidkenuh is the righteousness of all who believe in Him.
- Yahweh Jireh reminds believers that the Lord provides.
The knowledge of the Lord’s character provides believers with comfort and assurance. Knowledge of God’s character also leads to worship. When believers learn more about God’s character, they will be encouraged to speak well of Him and live to serve Him.
In the coming weeks all the posts in this series will be edited and combined into one blog post. There will also be a PDF provided for anyone to download, share, print, and use for personal and corporate study.
Scripture quotations are from the Holy Bible, English Standard Version ®, copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.